Wednesday, May 12, 2010

it's the end of the world as we know it...

okay...so it's not the end of the world, but it's the end of life as i know it. school has been my life for as long as i can remember, but this saturday, i will graduate from huntington university, and a new chapter of my life will begin.

as i sit here at my computer and sip delicious macadamia nut coffee from my rainbow & unicorn mug, i can't help but think about how my life is about to change. i'm not going down the "normal" post-graduate path of finding a job and looking for a place to live. instead, i'm moving back home for a couple months before heading to the czech republic for a year to teach conversational english.

yeah. i'm totally excited, but it's funny how God works. if you would have asked me a few months ago what i was planning to do after graduation, teaching conversational english in a foreign country would not have been any of the options. don't get me wrong, it's a swell opportunity. it's just that swell opportunities tend to evade me. either that, or i don't think that i'm qualified to look into said opportunity. but this time, God dropped this opportunity of a lifetime right into my lap. wow, i've said "opportunity" way too many times. forgive me.

anyway, what i'm trying to say is this: i have so many emotions swirling inside me right now. i'm excited for this new adventure, i'm nervous about trying to fund-raise over $10,000, and i'm blessed to be able to move back home and have the support of my parents before leaving the country. at the same time that i'm ready to be done with school, actually leaving is another story. it's a very bittersweet feeling. i'm moving on with my life, but there are beautiful people here on campus that not only will i not see for a year, but i may never see again. that fact simply breaks my heart. i don't care if we are acquaintances that only chatted in class or on the mall, or if we are good friends...you all hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment